Dermburo astringent solution
Product size : 12x3g per box
A modified version of Burow’s solution for the temporary relief of minor skin irritations caused by eczema, poison ivy, insect bites and athlete’s foot, as well as rashes (contact dermatitis) caused by soaps, detergents, cosmetics or jewelry.
*in water, these ingredients for the active ingredient Aluminum Acetate
(0.16% W/ V Aluminum Acetate per sachet)
Application tips + -
- TO USE AS A SOAK: Soak affected area for 15 to 30 minutes as needed, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Repeat 3 times a day or as directed. Discard solution after each use.
- TO USE AS A COMPRESS OR WET DRESSING: Soak a clean and soft cloth in the solution and wring lightly. Apply cloth loosely to affected area and keep wet for 15 to 30 minutes. Repeat as needed or as directed by a health care practitioner. Discard solution after each use.
Dosage + -
- Adults and children: Dissolve the contents of 1 to 3 sachets in 450 ml of cool or lukewarm water. Stir until maximum dissolution; do not strain or filter. The resulting mixture (modified Burow’s solution) contains 0.16% (1 sachet), 0.32% (2 sachets) or 0.48% W/V (3 sachets) Aluminum acetate and is ready for use. See package insert for complete directions.
Warnings + -
- FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY. Keep unmixed powder away from face to avoid inhalation, which can cause breathing problems. Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes. If contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water. Do not cover wet dressing with plastic to prevent evaporation. In some skin conditions, soaking too long may overdry. Stop use and ask a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or last for more than seven days. Pregnant or lactating women are advised to consult their health care practitioner prior to using this product. Keep out of reach of children in a cool, dry place. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Protect from excessive heat.
Ingredients + -
- Each sachet contains 1282 mg (43%) Aluminum sulfate tetradecahydrate USP (astringent) and 905 mg (30%) Calcium acetate monohydrate USP (astringent). When combined together in 450 mL water, these ingredients form the active ingredient Aluminum acetate 0.16% W/V.
- Non-medicinal ingredient: Dextrin.
Others comments + -
- A solution to many skin irritations: rashes (contact dermatitis) caused by soap, detergents, deodorants, nail polish, cosmetics, jewelry, hair dyes, solvents, rubbing alcohol, bleach.
- Relieves minor skin irritations caused by eczema, poison ivy, blisters, insect bites and stings, athlete’s foot, Shingles, heat rash, hives, allergic reactions, swimmer’s itch, ragweed, chicken pox, herpes, sun allergies, hand-foot-mouth disease rash.